Thursday, August 16, 2012

Anatomy of a page :) :) :)

Hello Hello :)

Back again :) I thought I would start doing a little bit of a layout highlight as I have this fabulous online friend who is always asking me to share and or do videos/online classes etc, but Im terribly time poor as a full time shift worker. So my friend Faygie, these are in honour of you and your amazing and generous friendship/feedback :) Oh and I stole the idea from Somerset Memories Magazine :) :) :)


Background

I have used 12 x 12 1.2mm grey board from Imaginarium Designs. I masked of half of the background just with a piece of paper and then using a misting bottle with watered down gesso sprayed along the edge of the paper [to get a sort of straight line lol] and allowed the gesso to run down the board to the bottom edge, and then dryer with a heat gun.

The top half I sprayed with Chalk Chalkboard Glimmermist from Tattered Angels.

Embossed Circles behind photo

I have used Stampendous - aged ivory to adhere it I just sprayed a circle pattern of the watered down gesso, dabbed it with a paper towel but not to much so that it was still damp and then sprinkled on the embossing powder. Shoo off the excess and then heat set with the heat gun.

Embellishing

I have just randomly twirled up some florists vine and attached using staples and a long arm stapler. and then artfully [LOL :P] adhered the feathers in amongst the vine with clear drying gel glue. The Prima leaves and nest were also adhered using the same glue.

The extra little splats of black are watered down Indian ink and I put them on last. I shield my photo and nest with scrap card and then applied the splats with a soft bristle paint bush :)

Well I think thats about it :) there really isn't too much that goes into my layouts LOL :)

Cheers and I hope your having a creative week :)

Lou xox

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thanks Louise. I really enjoyed your run down. You may inspire me one day to give heat embossing another go. :)

Eternalta said...

У вас всегда креатив!

Anonymous said...

thanks, louise! i was looking for these "anatomies" too, i want thousands of them LOL

Martha Richardson said...

Thank you...I really need a class with YOU!